Pages

Sunday 17 June 2012

Welcome to Beautiful British Columbia

So I have been in Canada a little over a week now, although it feels like I have been here much longer as so much has been happening!

Of course I must apologise that this and possibly a number of future posts will be more about my experiences here than my crafting, as it seems silly to create a separate blog when I have this one already. However, I will add some of my older items into each post just to keep a craft theme, and I do have a small kit of essential sewing items and I'm hoping to get my hands on some felt or materials soon, so watch this space!

One of my main reasons for coming to this part of the world is to experience its' natural beauty and wildlife and so far I have not been disappointed! On my first morning I was treated to a spectacular sighting of a pod of killer whales travelling by the island - I couldn't have asked for a better welcome to the country. They were fairly close, but I will never forgive myself for not picking up that pair of binoculars as I raced out of the house! However my camera did make it:



Following on from these, I have also seen a humpback whale, a river otter, a black bear, seals, a sea lion, and bald eagles. And as if this wasn't enough, a pod of white sided dolphins swam right past as we were kayaking on Thursday morning.

So having looked at my past projects, there aren't too many that I can link in with this very easily, however as I have seen a couple of seals (they are pretty common here) this seems like the most appropriate item I can share!



As it may be becoming obvious now, I have a huge passion for marine life, in particular marine mammals. Seals are no exception! They have such great personalities.



No comments:

Post a Comment